FY 2010 Funding Resources
The SMART Office continues to support jurisdictions' implementation of SORNA requirements through the Support for Adam Walsh Act Implementation Grant Program. Funding for this solicitation has increased substantially since FY 2009; in FY 2010, approximately $10 million will be made available to SORNA jurisdictions, with individual grant awards of up to $300,000. Applications must clearly demonstrate that at least one requirement of SORNA will be implemented as a result of the funded project.
Deadline: March 5
Two additional SMART Office solicitations support implementation projects and training and technical assistance under the Comprehensive Approaches to Sex Offender Management Grant Program.
- Eligible applicants for implementation grants include states, the District of Columbia, territories, and certain federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Eligible applicants for the training and technical assistance cooperative agreement include nonprofit and for-profit organizations (including tribal organizations) and institutions of higher education (including tribal organizations of higher education).
Finally, the SMART Office is inviting applications for funding to support maintenance and operation of the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website. All solicitations are posted on
Deadline: April 12
- FY 2010 Funding Resources
The SMART Office has several open and forthcoming solicitations. . . . More
- SORNA Checklist
Since the SORNA Substantial Implementation Checklist was first issued in summer 2008, . . . More
- Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website
Over the past 6 months, the SMART Office has continued to work with states . . . More
- Sex Offender Registry Tool
The SMART Office provides the Sex Offender Registry Tool, . . . More